Seafarers International Research Centre
The Seafarers International Research Centre is part of the Cardiff University School of Social Sciences.
SIRC was established in 1995 with a view to conducting research on seafarers. The Centre has a particular emphasis on issues of occupational health and safety. It is the only international research facility of its kind and has built up unparalleled experience of research in this field.
SIRC aims to:
- Produce independent, high quality, research relating to seafarers' lives.
- Develop work in relation to contemporary social debates (for example debates around globalisation).
- Disseminate findings widely across the maritime and academic community.
- Stimulate greater interest and understanding of seafarers and their lives.
- Contribute positively to the welfare of seafarers.
For further information click here.